Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Weird cat

I seem to have a weird cat. She spent a good fifteen minutes splashing water out of her water dish today, interspersed with licking her paws off. I've seen some water on the floor around the dish before and assumed it was splashed there when I went around a corner too fast. Now I know.

This morning I was offered a trip to central Indiana, but they neglected to read my message yesterday telling them I only had 4.5 hours to use today. Then an offer came to pick up a FedEx load in the early evening hours and run it overnight to Denver that I passed on. Finally, they got me a short load of Sam's Club stuff heading to Salina, Kansas so I ran that using my available hours.

Another preplan shows up subsequently, this time taking me southwest to Dodge City, Kansas then back to the north into Iowa. Unfortunately, not enough hours available in the next two days to run that, either.

On the plus side, this means my work this past week must have racked up some pretty decent miles. Ordinarily I can estimate such things but I haven't been keeping close track lately. I will find out Friday when my weekly settlement gets emailed to me.