Friday, February 20, 2009

A Monster Week

I started driving big rigs almost 30 months ago but this last week was the corker of the bunch. Since Wednesday is the cutoff for trips for each pay period and I was running very hard all last week I thought it would be a nice paycheck, but wow.

The numbers:

Loaded miles: 3,593
Empty miles: 426
Total miles: 4,019

Total fuel purchased: 921
Total FSC paid: 643
Adjusted fuel cost: 278

Net pay after all truck expenses: 2,336 (plus 500 more to my savings escrow towards the balloon payment).

I had thought that with the time I took off in early December then again near Christmas that this quarter wouldn't be as profitable as my first two but I'm on track to match or surpass them, depending on how the next two weeks turn out.

Good news on that front: my dispatcher got me a trip tomorrow from Omaha to Calexico, California for delivery Monday.