Saturday, February 28, 2009

Omaha, then Missouri

After finishing with the PetSmart deliveries I eventually got orders to head north to Fort Collins to pick up a load of beer heading to Des Moines, Iowa. The following day this was modified to bring the load to our yard in Omaha and t-call it so they could get me a load home.

Unfortunately, by the time I got the load I didn't have much time left to run so I decided to spend the night in Omaha. Unfortunate, since the light snow showers expected overnight turned into near-blizzard conditions from Omaha to Kansas City and I'm holed up at a rest area near KC now waiting for the weather to improve and the snowplows to get a handle on it. Other than the freezing rain storm earlier this month this is the worst weather I've personally encountered on the road so far.