Thursday, February 5, 2009

My, what big green eyes you have!

Some of my friends have been asking me when I would get a new cat. My last cat, Blaze, spent 17 years with me until I had to put her down a year-and-a-half ago.

When I have delivered at PetSmart stores I spent some time in their adoption centers looking over the cats there. I wanted just the right pet to succeed Blaze and I found her at a store in Colorado Springs, Colorado a month or more ago. It took some work but eventually I found the contact information for the organization in charge of the adoptions and my dispatcher helped hook me up with a trip that got me through there a few weeks ago so I could pick her up.

As you can see, she has had a tough time adjusting to the truck:





I have dubbed her Snow White, as her fur is entirely white. She was born in the fall of 2007 and I'm told she had a run-in with some dogs, which made her timid. I have discovered over the past few weeks that she isn't timid at all, and she enjoys romping around the cab of my truck and helping me "play" on my computer. It must be a cat thing, as she is utterly fascinated by my onscreen mouse cursor (get it?) and likes to pounce on it when she can. I've also discovered various switches on my dash clicked on or off some mornings, like the one that drops the rear suspension or unlocks the fifth wheel slider. This helps keep me on my toes.