Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Wasted Day

Thursday was jacked up.

I delivered first thing in the morning at the beef plant in Fort Worth, Texas and before that was over I got a pre-plan to go from nearby Haltom City, Texas to Clarksville, Arkansas.

No problem. I got the paperwork taken care of, went up the freeway 15 miles to the Pilot and filled the reefer tank, came back down the freeway and got the trailer washed out (there were some chunky beef parts left on the floor -- probably not what the Sara Lee folks would appreciate) and got to the shipper.

"That load won't be ready to go until 8 PM," I'm told.

Since I unloaded at 9 AM, this is almost twelve hours to wait. I got to drop my trailer with them then bobtail to a nearby truck stop and wait. Since there was no appointment on the drop side of the load, I decided to pick up first thing in the morning and run it to Arkansas, which is what I did.


View Larger Map