Friday, August 8, 2008

Long, Long driving days

Yesterday was a full day of driving. Today was a full day of driving. Tomorrow will be a full day of driving. Get the picture?

I drove from Walcott, Iowa to Big Springs, Nebraska stopping only at our terminal in Omaha, Nebraska to refuel. The fuel is down to $3.88 with a 55 cent FSC it is really, really nice to run at the moment. At 7.0 MPG fuel would cost me 3 cents a gallon, and I think with the MPG I'm currently getting I'm actually making money on fuel at the moment. In a week or two the FSC will come down and a new equilibrium will be established but for now its damn nice.


View Larger Map

Speaking of damn nice, I got my latest settlement email showing a whopping 3,8l8 miles run last week with a paycheck of over $3,000. There was an odd truck repair bill in there as well for $409, which would make it a $3,500ish paycheck after all expenses. This is definitely out of the norm and by far the best week I've had here, but by the same token damn nice!