Monday, August 4, 2008

Back to Omaha

Yesterday's journey was a familiar one. After dropping off part of my load in Fort Collins, Colorado, then the rest nearby in Greeley, Colorado, I motored up to Cheyenne, Wyoming to pick up a load headed to Chicago for a Monday afternoon delivery. My dispatcher set it up originally as a t-call in Omaha so another driver could take it the rest of the way and I questioned him on this. It didn't look to him like I had enough hours to get it there on time (a rush-rush load going to a UPS facility I have been to before). When I got to Fort Collins the day before yesterday I fired up my laptop to look at my hours and he was kinda right; I would have to have a perfect trip out to Chicago in order to make the deadline.

Stopping in Omaha has an upside: I can get my APU checked over again. The unit itself runs fine but when it goes to AC mode the clutch mechanism really bogs down and half the time the APU quits at that point. Once its running, no problemo, so I'll have the APU folks take a gander at it.

Once I got to the yard yesterday I dropped the load off with dispatch, unhooked then ran over to a nearby hotel. It is nice getting out of the truck for a while.