Monday, October 13, 2008

Unloaded in Victorville, California

I got up early this morning to get fuel and get my truck washed before I left Vegas. Fueling was quick at 0400 local time but I had to wait behind several trucks at truck wash. I had them do the engine as well this time as there was a lot of gunk that came up off the road and splattered everything.

Victorville was about four hours away and when I pull up to the Americold facility I note with more than a little amusement that their guard shack is optimistically labeled "Welcome Center". I should have taken a photo.

It turns out that no one at HQ bothered to call them to reschedule the appointment so we had to fork over a ransom payment of $100 for the right to unload those frozen dinners. If you wonder why the price of food is so high...

At least this place has those cool dock doors that you don't even open up the trailer at. Back it into a door and they handle everything inside. Just under two hours later I was done and headed to a nearby truck stop.