Thursday, October 16, 2008

Stampeed to the east


View Larger Map

Today I ran from Kingman, Arizona to Tucumcari, New Mexico with a short break in Winslow, Arizona to fuel up. West of Albuquerque I saw a bunch of dust rising from the area just off the highway to the right and thought it was a pickup off on the side, but it turns out there were a dozen or so cattle frightened by a passing train and they were stampeding. Not sure that few cattle qualifies, but it was interesting to watch.

Got to the Loves in Tucumcari and decided to try the Chesters fried chicken. One thing about Popeyes, they are very consistent with their quality. Chesters is cheaper and a bit different, but the quality varies all over the place. Unfortunately, tonight wasn't a good quality night for them. Or me.

Got various communications via email and the satellite unit on detention pay, drop pay, this and that. Basically, some is due me and is coming, a bit is still being looked in to, and some I'm just shit outta luck on. The usual mix for a driver, I think.