Sunday, October 19, 2008

Easy weekend trip

I dropped off my trailer in Omaha, as planned then waited around a few hours until the planners got caught up with things and started handing out assignments. I was told to take a trailer there at the yard to Minooka, Illinois for a live unload tonight. Roughly 550 miles for almost two days, easy driving.

Stopping at Iowa 80 in Walcott, Iowa, I bought a chain box and had it installed behind my cab just in front of my catwalk. The catwalk itself had to be pushed back about five inches but that wasn't a big deal. I spent some time reworking my air line holders to keep the airlines up a bit higher off of the catwalk, as there is now a new place where they could get caught when I'm making right turns and I don't want to have them ripped apart.

Turns out it is an AmeriCold load so the unloading process was needlessly complicated and slow.


View Larger Map