Monday, October 6, 2008

By the house, in passing


View Larger Map

Around 0800 this morning I was beeped. Take a load of refrigerated stuff from the Russellville, Arkansas Americold plant up to Kansas City, Kansas. The load was ready last night and I would have loved to have been rolling early but it wasn't to be.

On the way up to KC I stopped in Joplin and my brother drove by and dropped off my mail and some packages. Now a new, large screen Garmin GPS graces my dash. Slightly different interface from the old 660 but the screen itself is nice. I need to see about getting the truck stop Points Of Interest database loaded up on it so I can zip to them easily, as I can on the 660.

A preplan found its way to me. Loading in nearby Lenexa, Kansas this evening and due up in Omaha with two drops in the morning. I would have liked to pick it up early and run up to Omaha tonight, but the product isn't ready and the consignees probably aren't expecting a big empty trailer to greet them tomorrow morning.