Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lazy day

Yeah, knocking out 380 miles isn't really a tough day for most drivers and it certainly wasn't for me. Up late, I departed North Platte City, Missouri around 0730 and fueled up the reefer in Grand Island, Nebraska about four hours later. Only time I can remember putting 50 gallons into my reefer tank (the tanks themselves are 75 on most of our trailers). This load I'm carrying is only being kept at zero degrees but the unit keeps running and running so the insulation is probably not in the best of shape.

Another leisurely hour down the freeway to Lexington, Nebraska brought me to the Walmart there with great truck parking. The pantry and fridge filled, I moseyed another hour down the freeway to North Platte, Nebraska to the Flying J which is next to the Walmart DC I'll be delivering at tomorrow afternoon.


View Larger Map