Wednesday, July 1, 2009

670 miles

The past couple days saw me make my way down to Atlanta to drop off that load of frozen dinners then pick up a load of paper heading to Wichita, Kansas for Thursday morning. I made it as far as Mississippi last night and today I knocked out just over 670 miles to a block away from the consignee at the very end of my driving hours.

I was in the middle of Mississippi last night and didn't have to use my APU to cool my truck! That has to be some kind of record for June. After I cool my truck interior down tonight I'll probably be able to get by without the A/C here in Kansas as well.

The dispatcher tried assigning me a load that wouldn't get me home until late Friday. I kind of insisted I be home late tomorrow so that got changed around and a new load assigned. We'll see how that all works out tomorrow.