Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm coming off of hometime, so it must be Buske

Yet another Buske load out of Springfield, Missouri up to Omaha, Nebraska. I showed up around 1030, got called down for loading around 1400 and was finished loading at the second warehouse in the complex by 1515.

The trailer I took home with me is brand spanking new -- still has the temp plate even! The tandems had super singles on them with an automatic air system and an air slider. Boy is that a piece of cake to use (I'd say about 30-40% of our other trailers have this system as well).

The ride up to Omaha was easy enough but expensive. I didn't have any food along with me so I did what I very rarely do and stopped at the Flying J in Peculiar, Missouri and had the buffet. The food was okay and it was filling, but overpriced.

My tractor had a blown fuse that was replaced by our shop guys then the trailer was dropped off at Pepsi to be unloaded when they want. I like customers like that.