Monday, June 16, 2008

Trip #6: Pontotoc, Mississippi to Waupaca, Wisconsin

Yes, I know, just try to pronounce those names!

I spoke with my dispatcher the first thing in the morning and several other times throughout the day. For some reason or other, our folks are having trouble finding loads in this part of the country. Finally, late in the afternoon they got me a load picking up about 20 miles away and heading 777 miles north (850 "real" miles) to Wisconsin for a Wednesday morning delivery. Its good miles for the time involved but it means today is wasted as I can't pick up earlier than 0800 tomorrow.

Ah well, it has given me time to organize the interior of the truck a bit better and helped me catch up on my backlog of Tivo'd shows that have been languishing for months.


View Larger Map