Saturday, April 12, 2008

Where I've Been


View Larger Map

The past few days I've been to Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, back through Illinois and into Missouri en route to my final destination of Medicine Lodge, Kansas for Monday morning.

It turns out I was right about that Wal-Mart load in Harrisburg, Illinois. It was a job site, and it was a pain getting the ten tons of lighting fixtures unloaded without the help of a dock. Eventually the workers got it sorted out, at leat as far as I'm concerned and I raced off back to Kentucky for my next pickup.

I didn't need to rush as it turns out, since the paper warehouse I was picking up at was packed with other trucks waiting to be loaded. I arrived just before noon with a 2100 appointment and they told me to come back no earlier than 2000. So I parked it at a nearby truck stop then rested.

2000 rolled around and I returned, this time getting loaded fairly quickly. Since I didn't want to start my day then and screw up my sleep schedule, and since this load had plenty of time built into it I went back to the truck stop and parked it.

This morning I ran west through Indiana, Illinois and into Missouri facing off against a stiff wind the entire way. My fuel mileage will likely be dismal for this run. Anyway, made it safe to the house and am taking off a day before I deliver my load.