Monday, April 14, 2008

Medicine Lodge, Kansas

Okay, this will take some time to set up so bear with me.

When I arrived yesterday I learned that I needed to park behind the business in question along this alleyway:



You'll notice the two telephone poles flanking the entrance, which is only 12 or 13 feet wide at most and I had to swing a 90 degree turn in there with my 53 foot trailer.

Down near the end of the block along this alley was a small dirt and gravel parking lot that I spent the night in, my rig barely fitting in:



That power pole in the foreground is basically along the edge of where my truck would have to be in order to back up against this dock door at the back of the consignee's building:



However, first thing this morning there is a bangin' on the door to my cab and one of the folks at my consignee tells me I have to move so the people who work there can use this parking lot, and oh by the way, we don't use that dock so could you pretty please move to this nearby side street so we can take the pallets off you by forklift?



Here you can see the rear of my truck on the right and to the left a small warehouse they used to store all the paper:



Whew!