Saturday, April 19, 2008

Triple digits


View Larger Map

Ah, Dallas.

I arrived in the early afternoon to the consignee for this load only to find temperatures just over 100 degrees outside. My appointment for this load was changed from this morning to tomorrow morning at 0900 but I played "dumb trucker" and went up to the site to see if they would unload me anyway. Apparently, I need better acting skills as they weren't having any of it.

The load turns out to be about 15 tons of tortillas for the Taco Bell chain. The place I'm at in Texas handles deliveries for them.

The helpful, but stalwart, gate lady did tell me I could come back at midnight and someone should be around to unload me then. Since I have a pre-plan for 0800 tomorrow heading up to Illinois, I just may take her up on the offer.