Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Springfield, Omaha, Ottawa


View Larger Map

Yes, I know it looks like a big backwards seven, but there it is.

After a five-hour wait on Monday I was finally loaded with Pepsi products (none actually with that name, interestingly enough) and off to Omaha. I decided to take state highway 13 north from Springfield and found it to be an acceptable route up to the Kansas City area.

Upon arrival I found the bottling plant's parking lot chock full of trailers so after a brief conference they had me drop my full one at our company yard for a local driver to bring over the following morning.

An honest-to-goodness preplan was zapped to my truck before I arrived with a load the following day to the PetSmart DC in Ottawa, IL. Only 400 miles or so but I had a case of the lazies so I wasn't upset. It only took about seven hours to finish up and I'm spending the night in a nearby Loves truck stop.

Sorry, by the way, for posting the YouTube video of my cat while simultaneously neglecting to make it public. My only excuse is that it looked okay on my machine (naturally, since I created it and was logged in they let me see it) and I didn't realize no one else could bask in the cuteness of my cat. Now you can.