Friday, March 13, 2009

Heckuva deadhead

Yesterday and today I was running a load from Muncie, Indiana to Kansas City, Missouri after being deadheaded 500 miles from Pennsylvania!


View Larger Map

Pretty much everything went as expected, though I had to hammer down and keep the left door shut to make it through St Louis before the worst of the rush hour started. I was on I-70 heading west at about 3:45 in the afternoon, right at the very first part of the crush of traffic leaving town. There were some slowups but no real traffic jams and I got through in one piece.

My friends Paul and Ellen who drive for Conway Truckload just came out from California and they ran into snow in New Mexico... whereas I didn't have a drop of rain or snow hit my truck all the way from Pennsylvania to Missouri. Living right, I say.

The load I picked up doesn't deliver until Monday morning so I am t-calling it at the Kansas City yard and grabbing a load from here down to Russellville, Arkansas in the morning.

Fuel at our company yard is jumping 14 cents in price at midnight, a move that seems to be followed at truck stops at the same time so I made sure to fuel before I shut down tonight.