Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Easy day up to PA

Really not much to relate from the past two days. I spent last night in Roanoke, Virginia which is right at 300 miles away from my delivery spot today. Five hours in light traffic and clear skies got me to the AmeriCold plant in Manchester, Pennsylvania and here I wait for a dozen hours or so until 0200 ET to begin the unloading of whatever is in back.

I chatted up my dispatcher over the satellite unit and cell phone today, letting him know how much I would appreciate some good planning for early tomorrow morning with a load lined up and ready to go. Now, if I was doing planning for a company and I knew a truck left Arkansas three days ago and would deliver tonight, that would give me a pretty good timeline to work up the next load. I guess that doesn't work when you have 350 trucks to keep moving, thus the satellite message "We won't have anything until tomorrow AM."

Ah well.