Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Steak, a Washout and Wal-Mart

Since I only had to cover about 350 miles today I took it slow and got some things taken care of.

First, I stopped in Big Springs, Nebraska at the Bosselman Pilot and had a steak at the Sam Bass saloon located on the same property. If you haven't had a chance to try it yet, I recommend the food.

Then I headed about an hour east to North Platte, Nebraska and got my tractor washed at the Red Arrow truck wash next to the Flying J. They were a bit slow but once they were done my truck was looking good and clean so I can't complain.

Another hour east got me to Lexington, Nebraska and one of my favorite Super Wal-Marts where I loaded up on veggies, fruit, some frozen stuff and a few snacks. They have great parking up close to the doors (and more behind the building) and I was in and out in short order.

About ninety minutes more driving got me to Grand Island, Nebraska where I'm parked at the big Bosselman Pilot for the night.