Friday, January 2, 2009

Albuquerque to Phoenix, to Albuquerque, to Phoenix...

That load I picked up in Phoenix ended up weighing 20,000 pounds due to a second stop, and I got running with it around 0430 local time. Just after I had departed Albuquerque, New Mexico, I was given instructions to head back to the truck stop I fueled at and wait for another driver. He would take my load on up to Chicago, I would take his... back to Phoenix.

I don't know why they had me wait in Albuquerque and have him drive all the way from Tucumcari, which is where I was planning on stopping for the night anyway. It would have saved him five hours of precious drive time and me about 40 miles of out-of-route to get turned around and headed back but I don't make the rules, I just play by them.

This morning I got up early and ran his heavily-loaded trailer down to the PetSmart DC in Phoenix then packed it in for the rest of the day.