Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Running Into Someone

I slept in late this morning: 0700. I couldn't stay in the bunk any longer, so I went over to the shipper for my next load and grabbed the paperwork and trailer then headed out.

About four hours later I was entering Joplin, Missouri, preparing to turn east on I-44. There is an onramp there for 32nd street which leads to the headquarters of Con-Way Truckload (used to be CFI) and it just so happened a Con-Way truck. It was a Con-Way Cascadia truck, the same kind my friends Paul (Croc) and Ellen (TWT) drive. It was a Con-Way truck with "Croc & TWT" decals on the door. Amazingly, just as I was passing the ramp they were departing to pick up a load.

I immediately called Croc and scolded him for waving only one finger at me as I flew by. They sped up and caught me on I-44 and took some video of my beautiful (and much better running, apparently) truck.

Today has been a day of numerous loads being offered, rejected, changed or otherwise modified. I've been planned to go to three different places already and I just got a call telling me the one load I thought I was on has been changed and now I'm on a different one. I think I'm headed to Dallas, but I just don't know any more.