Saturday, September 6, 2008

Homeward bound

The destination for the 45,000 pounds of jalapeno nacho concoction I was carrying had a long, narrow parking lot only 20 feet or so wider than the trucks as you backed into the docks. So tight that they sequenced the trucks so first one truck would park, then the next truck to his left would park, then the next truck to his left, and so on.

I got in late at night (for me) and just took the first open dock I found and hit the sack. Once we were set up properly, the actual unloading didn't take long and they didn't even charge us for lumping the load off!

My next trip was already set up for me. I went around to the eastern side of Dallas to the local Pepsi distribution center and picked up yet another 45,000 pound load. This one delivers on Monday in Joplin, Missouri which will let me go home over the weekend for some time off then get rolling again.


View Larger Map

I was so zonked from the previous late night of driving I didn't get very far on Friday, only just into Oklahoma along Hwy 75. The rest I finished up this morning after a good night's sleep.