Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An Inconvenient Load


View Larger Map

I arrived at the consignee in Americus, Georgia at 0915 this morning and I was glad I didn't push any harder to arrive earlier. There was another truck on the dock already and he had been there since 0700 and they were just now getting him unloaded. After several hours of waiting that guy was done and I got backed in. Then I waited. And waited. And... well, you get it.

Four hours later I was done and on my way first east to I-75, then north. The timing was inconvenient, since by the time I reached Atlanta the evening rush would be in full tilt and I work hard to avoid traffic jams whenever possible. I would have preferred to gone past and parked someplace north of there but it just wasn't in the cards, so I stopped in Jackson, Georgia.

Tomorrow, I have to face the horrors of the Regurgitated Chicken Ass factory I've been to before. Full details of my previous experience here.