Monday, September 15, 2008

Quick Trip Down To Dallas

After waiting a while I was beeped with a load heading to Dallas to deliver the following afternoon. The trailer was at our yard in Kansas City, Missouri and so was I, so I grabbed it and started running south. A few hours later, I ran out of drive time for the day and pulled in at a regular stop I make at the Wal-Mart in Lamar, Missouri.

Shopping and sleeping done, I headed out this morning and knocked out the rest of the run. The destination was a warehouse just down the road from our drop yard in Garland, Texas so I holed up there overnight waiting on my next load.

Before that, however, I had to spend almost 20 minutes watching a hapless Swift driver trying to back his trailer between two other trailers in about as plain vanilla of a backing situation as you will ever find. Eventually, he gave up, disconnected and had the yard jockey handle it for him. Poor fella.