Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Slow turnaround in Phoenix

I delivered at the PetSmart DC in Phoenix early Monday afternoon and eventually the bad news percolated up from the satellite unit: the load out of there up to Denver wouldn't be ready until Tuesday afternoon. Not enough time to take a 34 to reset my logbook.

I got caught up on the shows I follow via Hulu: Heroes, Fringe, Daily Show, Colbert Report and that freaking Hell's Kitchen show my brother hooked me on.

The truck was a bit low on fuel so I bobtailed over to the local Pilot and filled up. I then parked to go inside and get a shower when I realized they had a lot of bobtail parking on the south side of the building that I'd never noticed in all the other times I'd fueled there. Since I was in a full-size slot in back I moved my truck over to make room for someone with a trailer.

Afternoon rolls around today and the load isn't ready for a while but finally I get the word that it is done and the paperwork ready. It is just after 1500 local time so I boogie out of town via the 101 over to I-17 and make pretty good time. The rest area just inside New Mexico had a single spot available when I arrived near midnight and I took it.