Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Laziest. Driver. Ever... Again.

It took several hours for the planners at HQ to get me a new load, but I was too far away to pick up and deliver it on time so that got taken off me. Another hour or so and I was told to head up to Indianapolis to scale my truck and empty reefer, then call a certain number for my next load.

Now, the only reason a shipper would ever ask for this is when they are expecting to load you to capacity. In this case, the folks who ship the prepackaged soups for Panera stores wanted every last drop they could fit aboard, and when I left my truck weighed in at 79,600 lbs. On a side note, my dispatcher asked how much my truck and trailer weighed before I went in to scale and I estimated 35,000. The actual weight was 35,200 so I was fairly close.

I was dispatched around noon and loaded right at 1700 so Indy was all atizzy with the evening rush. The delivery time is tomorrow at 1100 so yeah, mister lazy driver packed it in at the local Pilot and saved the trip for tomorrow to finish.