Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lazy weekend trip

The load really was just 20,000 pounds of various products bound for Sam's Club. There happened to be one of our newest trailers already stationed and being loaded when I arrived. I dropped my empty, hooked up to the new one then waited a few hours while they finished up. Whatever, I'll wait a bit for a light load.

Since the load isn't due in northern Indiana until Monday morning I have a lazy driving weekend in front of me. Thus, it probably comes as no surprise to regular readers that the dreaded Lazies were out in force and I only got as far as Newton, Iowa yesterday. When I stopped in to get some Chester's chicken then parked and fired up the laptop I found there was high speed access. My will exhausted, the truck wasn't turned on until this morning.

The drive out to Indiana was painless and I stopped tonight at a rest area about twenty miles from my drop.

A new preplan has me running across the state to Lafayette for a load heading to Russellville, Arkansas after I get through with this current one.