Saturday, October 17, 2009

A day late, a dollar short

Since the local Bud distributor in Omaha stops receiving at noon on weekdays and I wouldn't arrive until a few hours later, I tried to t-call the load in the yard and get something else to run. No dice, have to deliver it myself.

I did get my truck into the local Volvo dealer to get my clutch adjusted, though. The clutch itself is fine but for some reason the clutch brake keeps fading away every 40-50,000 miles until it is a real pain to get it into gear. Apparently, the fix is simple since it was done in about fifteen minutes, and I'm sure once I get the bill it will be at least a hundred bucks. Sometimes I wish I had a mechanical bone in my body.

I also managed to attend a safety meeting at HQ which is a requirement for our safety bonus each quarter (there are other ways to qualify but for me this is the easiest one).

Overnighted at the Bud place and was unloaded early this morning. The new plan has me heading south to Nebraska City, Nebraska to pick up some meat heading to a Walmart DC in Indiana. Interestingly, its only 20,000 pounds or so which is unusually light for a meat load.