Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A First Time for Everything

Imagine my surprise when I get loaded and let loose in under two hours at Buske in Springfield, Missouri! I asked the office people why that was and they said it was due to few trucks showing up early. I mentioned that when I arrive early I normally wait 5-7 hours so I don't bother, but I'm not sure the point got through to them.

This left me in the unusual position of leaving Springfield around 1300 instead of three or four hours later, so I motored up MO-13 towards Kansas City. I was about halfway around the edge of the city when the traffic got bad at the beginning of rush hour but the northern part of KC is always a breeze so I didn't even have to slow down.

All three scales along the way to Omaha were closed for a change, though it didn't matter to me one way or the other since I scaled out at a little truck stop between Springfield and KC. I even stopped at Rock Port, Missouri (I-29 exit 110) to have a very fine steak dinner at the Black Iron Grill -- highly recommended.

The drop at the Pepsi place in Omaha was routine, and my cat was surprisingly cuddly last night... the 38 degree outside air temp may have had something to do with that.