Tuesday, November 25, 2008

East, then north

After a number of hours waiting after I dropped my load in Batesville, the satellite unit beeped with new orders: deadhead to Russellville, Arkansas and take a load from there to Ochelata, Oklahoma. After that, grab a load from nearby Pryor, Oklahoma and take it up to Lincoln, Nebraska.

I ran over to Russellville and fueled up, grabbed the load and hightailed it into Oklahoma. This morning I finished that trip at the Walmart DC in Ochelata then moved over to Pryor for the load up to Nebraska. It was from a Pepsi plant and it was almost 5,000 pounds under my limit. Surprising.

Tonight I'm about an hour away from Lincoln and I have to be there no later than 0500 so its another early-early start for me. In theory, I will have a load tomorrow from Council Bluffs down to Carthage, Missouri for the Thanksgiving weekend time off but we will see.