Wednesday, November 5, 2008

10.5 and 15 Freaking Signatures

So, I made it home the day after my last post and came back this morning. My dispatcher got me a kinda lame load out of Carthage heading to Nebraska that loaded mid afternoon and delivers tomorrow afternoon. Tried to get it tcalled in Kansas City or Omaha but that wasn't happening, so I'm stuck with it.

I loaded in a different area of the cave system in Carthage that I've been to before and the paperwork was formidable. Fifteen pages of bills for the load and I had to sign every single one, and put the date on four or five as well. Turns out, it is a government load of food products going to some outfit or other and the requirements are strict.

The weather was warm and very windy as I left, with a 20-30 MPH tailwind. On the way up to Kansas City I was getting 10.5 MPG, which eventually dropped to 8.6 on the hills north of town. Spending tonight in Nebraska City, Iowa then heading over to Nebraska in the morning.