Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Crack: Its Not So Bad

A crack in my windshield, I mean.

I heard a PING! sound a few days ago and didn't notice anything at the time but this morning I was glancing around as I was scratching and noticed a small crack over on the passenger side. First one in almost six months on the road. When I started driving I went through three windshields in the first three months so this is an improvement.

After some consultation with my dispatcher yesterday I agreed to a preplan from Carson, California running out to Sioux Falls, South Dakota for Friday. The timing is a bit tight but three days of good running will get me into the right neighborhood.

Today I managed to get to Flagstaff, Arizona before shutting down. I had another hour or so on my clock to run but I pooped out.

The fuel schedule for this run assumed I would be taking this light (about 15,000 pound) load over the Rockies in Utah and Wyoming. Oh hell no, I said. I'm going back the way I came out to California.