Sunday, September 20, 2009

Short time at home

After attending the safety meeting on Friday I was given two trips to get me home. The first was picked up at the Tyson plant in Council Bluffs, Iowa and went down to Olathe, Kansas to a different Tyson plant. The second picked up in Independence, Missouri in the caves and delivers Monday morning in Russellville, Arkansas.

By the time I was able to deliver the first load and work out some problems with the second it was very late and I didn't arrive in Springfield until after midnight. I slept in my truck and went to the house Saturday morning.

Since the load that I'm under delivers tomorrow at 0730 I am just taking a quick 34-hour restart at the house then I'll deliver tonight and be ready to run first thing Monday morning.


View Larger Map

While at the house I got some furniture delivered, installed three blinds (including two motorized with remotes for the master bedroom!), put together a computer table and printer stand, then mowed the overgrown lawn. How relaxing.