Thursday, September 10, 2009

Independence caves to Russellville, Arkansas

By the time I regained consciousness in the (late) morning a preplan had arrived: head over to nearby Independence, Missouri and grab a load of boxes for the folks at ConAgra in Russellville, Arkansas.

The loading itself was uneventful, though it was interesting to watch a newer driver trying to get backed into a nearby door in his first time "down below". Tried to help, but he wanted to do it his way. At least he didn't scrape anything.

Lots of rain heading south and I went slightly out-of-route to fuel in Joplin, Missouri. Quick quiz: the price of fuel in Joplin was 4 cents lower per gallon than anyplace else on my route. Was it a smart idea to drive 16 extra miles to get that fuel, assuming I needed 160 gallons? I'll answer this tomorrow if I remember.

Anyway, dropped the trailer in Russellville last night and I already have a preplan heading to Rochelle, Illinois for today. Seems like things are picking up.