Monday, August 24, 2009

Things we work for



This past weekend was a bit more interesting than normal. On Friday I sat down in the office of a title company and finished the (lengthy) paperwork required in the purchase of a new home.

I have been searching for just the right place for the past three months and the confluence of interest rates under five percent, house prices off a third from their peak and that wonderful $8,000 tax incentive pushed me off the sidelines and into the real estate market.

The weekend was spent with a very lengthy list of things to purchase and install, like a new refrigerator, blinds, lawn mower, carpet mower (vacuum) and the like. I'm definitely doing my part for fiscal stimulus.

This morning we returned to the truck and Snowie is beside herself with joy:



I'm picking up at the Buske underground location in Springfield as usual to run up to Omaha, Nebraska for tomorrow morning.