Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pevely, believe it or not


View Larger Map

While you were most likely in bed this morning at 0400, I was having the last of my load of Banquet TV dinners plucked out of the back of my trailer in Goodlettsville, Tennessee. The lumpers were quick and cheap for a change ($40 for the load) and I got out of there as soon as I could to my next assignment.

Off to Horn Lake, Mississippi to the oddly-named Newlywed Corporation to pick up a load of spices and sauce for the ConAgra folks in Macon, Missouri. A number of other Hill Bros trucks were arriving and departing while I spent my time there, and I'm sure their loads were a day late like mine. Since I had to deadhead in from Nashville my hours won't quite stretch to the destination tonight, so its off first thing in the morning tomorrow to finish the run.

I end tonight in Pevely, Missouri which is a smidge north of Festus, Missouri. No joke on either count.

Tonight is also the cutoff day for the 52nd week in my lease-purchase. My truck has about 145,900 miles on it and during the past year I picked up and delivered (or t-called) right around 200 loads. The average deadhead miles for these loads, as of last week, was 93 and the average loaded miles was 577. I will receive my 52nd settlement report on Friday so sometime next week expect the first of a series of posts covering all the numbers, pay, mileage and assorted goodies.