Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day and a half off

I was told that the load of beer delivered up to noon on Saturday. I couldn't get it there much earlier due to my hours, but I arrived in Olathe, Kansas at 1130. Bud distributor tells me they stop taking deliveries after 1030 on Saturdays and our dispatchers must know this because they consistently screw it up. Sigh.

Quick phone call to the weekend people and I'm sent up to our Kansas City, Missouri yard to t-call the trailer. One of our local guys will take it back down when they ask for it pretty please, I suppose.

The truck and driver needed a good scrub so the truck went off to Blue Beacon and the diver off to the Flying J down the street. Beacon does a better job than the J in terms of washing facilities, I note.

Holy Creepy Factor: This morning I find a business card on my driver's door from the manager of the Beacon saying he swung by to check out the wash after my truck had dried off. I guess they keep a list or something.

The rest of my weekend was spent eating, scratching, watching movies, playing games and the like.