Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Major Accident in Phoenix

Just as I arrived at the I-10 / highway 101 split in Phoenix there was a huge crash with lots of dust and debris kicked up on the northbound ramp from I-10 west. I saw a big rig or truck of some sort on its side with lots of cargo or something flying off, blocking the entire ramp area. I was about a half mile away when it happened so I saw the entire thing but wasn't able to make out many of the details, but it sure looked nasty.

A few minutes later I dropped off my inbound load and grabbed a preloaded trailer with the cargo heading to Colorado. The first drop is at a store I'm familiar with in downtown Denver and the second happens to be the store that I adopted Snowie from in Colorado Springs.

I drove out of town the way I normally avoid, taking I-10 east to I-17 then going north. Traffic was heavy but moving and I was glad to put Phoenix behind me before the afternoon rush started. After a long slog up the mountains to Flagstaff I turned east and ended the day in Jamestown, New Mexico. 680 miles for the day and I'm beat.