Sunday, April 12, 2009

Which way to Wichita?


View Larger Map

My fuel plan had me fueling in the Atlanta area then in Higginsville, Missouri on my way out to Wichita. That's exit 49 on I-70 if you don't know, and nowhere close to being along the route I would drive to Wichita, Kansas (which you can see above).

The weather was mostly sunny until I hit the Memphis area when someone opened the spigot and all kinds of rain came down. When you have a heavy load, like I do, water pooling on the road doesn't really affect the truck while you're driving in a straight line, but it sure does do funny things to all the four wheelers who are out there trying to struggle through it.

I left Conyers, Georgia in the early hours this morning and made it to Russellville, Arkansas by late afternoon. After a long shower I feel human again and shortly I will be snoozing away to prepare for tomorrow morning's early departure to get to Wichita on time.