Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white... April Fools?

The wind was gusting pretty good last night and when I opened an eyelid to peer about this morning, I could see the sunroof was frozen over. Oh, and I was a bit cold because I didn't have the heater on last night. I flicked on said heater then opened up the curtains to reveal...





There was quite a bit of accumulation on the front side of the truck, facing the wind. It was wet, mushy snow that stuck pretty much everywhere up front but it wasn't difficult to remove.

Today was one of those days where I just couldn't get into my driving groove. I munched on too many snacks, stopped a few times to drain the main vein, even took a nap in Tucumcari, New Mexico.

Nothing seemed to work so I stopped early in Moriarty, New Mexico. This leaves about 550 miles if I take I-40 all the way to I-17 then head south, or about 480 if I try the back roads of Arizona via US-60. I'll flip a coin in the morning I guess.