Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My cat locked out the shop guy

Since my last post I picked up in Lexington, Nebraska, dropped off in Emporia, Kansas, picked up in Kansas City, Kansas and dropped off in Council Bluffs, Iowa. All in one day. Needless to say, it was a long one.

Last night I had my truck in the shop at our HQ for an oil change and other maintenance stuff and after a while the guy doing the work waves me over and, quite sheepishly, asks if I have my spare set of keys on me. Turns out, he needed to get back into the truck for something and my cat had managed to lock him out! Both my sets were in the truck, but the shop has a third set and I made sure that key was used to unlock the door and never placed inside the truck. Mental note: always keep a set of keys on me when outside the truck, as I might not always be in favor with Miss Fancy Pants.

I'm taking today off and the truck is over at the Volvo dealer with a small list of things for them to screw up fix.