Friday, May 8, 2009

Omaha, the shop and the hotel

Short run up to Omaha ended with a bit of trouble finding the receiving docks for Nebraska Furniture Mart, but that eventually sorted itself out. I gave a list of things to be looked over or fixed at our company shop and was told it would be a few hours, probably in the afternoon. No big deal, I was planning on taking the night off anyway.

Drove over to the local Choice hotel we use to check in. Plopped the cat, some clothes, a laptop and her stuff (catbox, food dish, etc.) into a nice room then went back over to the yard. A mechanic came out to the truck a while later as I was organizing stuff and told me which bay to park in.

The air leak turned out to be easy enough to fix. One of the numerous air lines in my seat was twistie-tied to the metal frame and eventually the bumping and shaking that goes on rubbed away enough of the line for air to start leaking out. It was the only one of perhaps six or seven air lines done up that way which makes me wonder why they bothered tying it off in the first place.

I got back on the board late in the afternoon but there wasn't anything heading out first thing in the morning. Thus, I got to sleep in at the hotel.