Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thar she blows!

I was awakened late last night by my truck rocking violently back and forth. For a moment I sleepily thought someone was driving and we were going down one hell of a bumpy road, but it turns out it was just the wind. There were some fierce thunderstorms moving through with gusts I estimate at 40-50 mph and the big slab sides of my truck were catching a lot of air. It isn't unusual for some gentle rocking from time to time but this was by far the most violent I've yet encountered while asleep.

It turns out the destination is actually Osage City, Kansas, not Osage Beach. There is an Osage Beach in Missouri that confuzzled me. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anyway, I arrived this morning and found the consignee with a BIG helping hand from my GPS. It was dark, the side street I needed wasn't obvious but the electronic directions were spot on. I wuv you mannnn!