Friday, May 9, 2008

I feel like I'm going in circles...

Yes, I know it has been a few days... I've been busy people!


View Larger Map

I dropped off my load in Russellville, Arkansas and was given orders to deadhead over to Tulsa, Oklahoma and bring a load from there up to Omaha, Nebraska. I finished all of that this morning.

Now, I was supposed to have a load waiting nearby to go to Carthage, Missouri so I could go home for the weekend. I even accepted the pre-plan on my satellite unit days ago. But, as the cruel, cruel world would have it, some planner of (insert favorite dubious claim here) somehow managed to give it to another truck who promptly stole my load out from under me!

This has been something of a comedy of errors this week. Last week I had asked to go home around May 5 for a couple days, but somehow my dispatcher didn't see the message. Then, May 7 was agreed to, but that came and went. Now May 9th was supposed to be "the day" but that fizzled as well. Worse, the new load that will take me home after this Russellville load won't give me enough time there to reset my hours so I'm going to have to run on what I pick up for the next couple weeks.

Bleh.