Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm pooped

Well, my alarm did go off at oh-dark-thirty yesterday morning and I made it to the Sears distribution center in Denver a few minutes past my delivery time. The Powers That Be ordered me to drop my trailer there and go rustle up a reefer from a nearby company, but they were out. This put the kibosh on a planned load picking up later that evening with two drops the following day, which I didn't mind losing out on.

Later, the buzzer went off and the orders were to pick up an empty to take to the all-too-familiar Budweiser plant in Fort Collins then unload the following day in Osage Beach, Kansas. I made it as far as Salina, Kansas this afternoon before my hours ran out and just for a change I stopped at the Flying J instead of the Bosselman Pilot I normally use. Nicer parking area, I note.

Tomorrow I gain only 6.5 hours to use on top of the 15 minutes I didn't use today so I will be done by midday most likely. I haven't really been keeping track of the miles since I started with Hill Bros (this was easy to do at CFI with their online system) but I know if I'm running out my log book in short order then I'm spending my time doing something productive.