Friday, December 5, 2008

Short Circuit

After I dropped my trailer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma I was given orders to bobtail south to Ardmore, Oklahoma for a Circuit City load heading to Colorado. Three stops, all in the Denver metro area.

I spent yesterday getting to Denver through increasingly hairy road conditions. The load was only 12,000 pounds so my truck was skittish on the ice and snow. About 20 miles from Denver it got really, really nasty with ice built up on the roadway and I slowly made my way in to the Flying J truck stop on the east side of town for the night. Parking was a nightmare with the lot almost completely full and some drivers working hard at displaying their lack of backing skills.


View Larger Map

This morning I made two of the drops and I'm currently at the third and final. The guys at the second stop asked if I was back-hauling their returns to Ardmore, but I wasn't told anything about that. The trip sheet I got from Circuit City implies that I will be visiting all three stores again today then heading back to Ardmore but orders From On High haven't been received to that effect.

My truck is a certifiable mess at the moment. I must have knocked off 200 pounds of ice and snow including huge amounts on the mud flaps. Each must have had at least 30-40 pounds hanging from them.