Friday, December 5, 2008

My Wray or the Highway

I finished the third and final delivery this morning then hung around for a while before the satellite unit beeped. There was another Hill Bros driver ahead of me for my third delivery and he is the one running back the returned items back to Ardmore.

My new task was to deadhead up to the town of Wray, Colorado and get loaded for another small town, this one just south of Des Moines, Iowa. We're rarely told what kind of items we'll be hauling ahead of time, but I did note that the shipper requires the reefer to keep 45 to 50 degrees, which is an unusual temperature for us.

Potatoes, lots and lots of potatoes. Big cardboard and plastic bin things on pallets. Twenty tons worth. Thankfully, the place had a scale on site.


View Larger Map

I'm parked tonight in Lexington, Nebraska at a truck stop just across the interstate from My Favorite Wal-Mart. I'm going to head over for some shopping tomorrow before finishing the rest of my drive east.